For over 40 years, EMPC has provided effects analysis for Space Systems.
Analysis specialties include:
- environment specification and effects definition
- shield material and thickness effects in 1D slabs and spheres
- effects contours on one or more boards in boxes/enclosures
- effect of box placement/location on space craft panels
- minimum mass packaging additions at the box component level
Since 1982, NOVICE is used for particle transport analysis:*sigma for ray-traces at one degree or finer resolution; *socode for packaging additions: *adjoint Monte Carlo for 1D attenuation curves and 3D validation calculations; and *pulse for single particle effects. NOVICE includes both CSG (constructive solid geometry) and CAD (computer aided design) modeling algorithms with interfaces to geometry modeling systems at many major aerospace companies. EMPC also provides in-house licensing, maintenance, and training for NOVICE at some of the same facilities.